- Zwiki, Zope, and Plone can be memory hungry; hosting many large wikis on a VPS can be challenging. Memory pressure can cause visible warmup delays and slow viewing and editing operations. Wikis with thousands of pages and revisions might require hundreds of M or a G of ram for good performance.
- Unicode errors can occasionally arise with non-ascii content, depending on your versions of Zope, Zwiki, and ZCatalog indexes. Be sure to follow the version recommendations. (Should be better now with Zwiki 2).
- Page hierarchy can get confused, requiring you to visit SomePage/updatecontents or even delete the outline object in the wiki folder. The latter re-alphabetizes all subtopics.
- Translations are incomplete.
Plone 2.x and 3.x require Zwiki >= 0.61.
Remember to [Plone and CMF|register]? Zwiki with your Plone site using Plone's add/remove product screen.
Zwiki and Plone's content management model and UI do not mesh perfectly.
Plone 3 compatibility issues
- #1322 misc. Plone 3 issues
- #1388 Plone 3.0 livesearch returns results from revisions
- #1407 Revisions from a WikiPage are being indexed by portal_catalog
- #1409 Zwiki 0.60 translations don't work with PlacelessTranslationService 1.4
- #1437 toc.py in ZWiki-0.61.0.tgz interferes with buildout in Plone 3.2.1
- 'icon' key error when viewing old wiki pages as manager with plone skin
- 'Title' attribute error when adding a page as default page in folder - requires a plone 3.1 fix or making Zwiki adaptable to ISelectableBrowserDefault?
(Note, please link to real issue pages here, don't just add problem descriptions)
- Performance is only fair, due to memory pressure